Accredited by the Royal Society of Public Health, this two day course leads to a recognised Mental Health First Aider qualification.
Tuesday 9th & Wednesday 10th June 2020
Timings for both days
09.00 Teas and coffees on arrival
Uxbridge UB11 1FE
Situated 4 minutes from the M4, 10 minutes from the M25 and less than 10 minutes from Heathrow Airport, as well as an extensive bus and rail network running through Uxbridge.
Water/Tea/coffee and biscuits are provided but please bring along any alternative snacks and lunch.
There are places to buy food at lunchtime just a few minutes walk from the venue.
What else is provided?
On arrival, you will receive a training pack which includes your MHFA manual and workbook. Paper and pens will be provided but please feel free to bring your own.
What will the course achive for my employees?
At the end of our two-day course your employees who attend will be qualified Mental Health First Aiders giving them:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the signs that someone might be experiencing a range of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support an employee who is in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by signposting them to further support eg: self-help resources, internal support such as EAP or external sources as their GP and other health professionals.
- An understanding of how to keep themselves save whilst performing their duties and supporting others.
How it works
- Our two-day course will be delivered in person, across four manageable sessions.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions, activities and there is plenty of opportunity to ask questions as we go along.
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- We can accept a maximum of 16 people on any one course at a time, to ensure that the instructor can keep people safe and supported whilst they learn.
Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- A certificate of attendance to confirm they are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer back to should they need it.
- A quick reference card to remind them of the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- A workbook which includes a helpful toolkit to support their own wellbeing.
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how support an employee experiencing mental ill health.
For for details feel free to contact us for more information at email@example.com or call 07776 132083
2-Day Adult Mental Health First Aider Training | 9-10 June 2020 | Stockley Park
The price is £299 per person, to be paid in full at time of booking. No cancellations, amendments or refunds.
In our course we will cover the following:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA